Finance and Administration Manager
||Finance and Administration Manager
|İş yeri (Şəhər):
|Son tarix :
|Şirkət barədə məlumat
||WE ARE HIRING
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Finance and Administration Manager – Baku
|İş barədə məlumat
||About the Job
The Finance and Administration Manager is accountable for the integrity of financial/analytical accounting and for reporting from the Baku delegation. He/she oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of ICRC facilities and staff travel, within the delegation. He/she oversees the accounts of the delegation and leads the preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecast, risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements (i.e. taxes) and regularly assesses the financial situation (including treasury) of the delegation.
• Acts as adviser, trainer and coach on all financial or economic matters for the teams running humanitarian projects.
• Ensures that the delegation and sub-site apply the financial procedures and rules in terms of accounting.
• Is responsible for drawing up contingency measures to respond to critical changes in the operating context.
• Interprets institutional guidelines and policies considering the local context; sees to it that these are strictly implemented and monitored, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and mitigating financial risks.
• Acts as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.).
• Contributes with reliable forecasts and budget data to managerial decision-making on tactical (current fiscal year) and strategic (next fiscal year) matters.
• Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises; maintains an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation, for the staff.
• Supports the management in establishing (and updating) of the Risk Assessment for the delegation, focusing on risks related to real estate and finance. Implements and monitors risk-mitigation measures in his/her area of responsibility, in close liaison with technical departments.
• In cooperation with technical departments and the sustainability team at headquarters, leads and initiates measures to reduce energy consumption and implements "gap-closing" measures identified in the Sustainability Assessment.
• Maintains contact with external interlocutors within the area of responsibility
• Supervises, coaches and evaluates staff working in the Finance and Administration department
||Desired Profile and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or a relevant qualification in a related field.
• 6 years’ working experience in a similar field of activity, with confirmed experience in people management.
• Detail-oriented, highly organised and practices strict adherence to timelines.
• Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Very good negotiation and analytical skills, and a problem-solving attitude.
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Very good command of the English and Azerbaijani languages. Fluency in Russian is a distinct asset.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Experience working in an international environment and/or an international organization is a strong asset.
• Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
||How to Apply
Qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply. You may apply by sending your CV (in English), a cover/motivation letter (in English), and scanned copies of relevant diplomas/certificates to the e-mail email@example.com. Within the cover letter, the application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Baku Delegation. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Deadline for receiving applications: 19th July 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information about the organisation, please consult the ICRC website: www.icrc.org. Any specific enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.